Child Benefit rates are rising next month – how much more you can expect | Personal Finance | Finance

Those claiming for the first time will need to fill in a Child Benefit claim form CH2 and send it to the Child Benefit Office. The address can be found on the form.

If a person is claiming for an adopted child, the applicant will need to send the original adoption certificate with the form.

If a person is claiming a child whose birth was registered outside the UK, they will need to include the original birth certificate and the child’s passport or travel document used to enter the UK.

To add a child to an existing claim, a person may need to call the Child Benefit helpline or they may have to apply again.

Source link

Check Also

Inheritance tax warning as average bill set to hit £233,000 – how to legally cut bill | Personal Finance | Finance

The average inheritance tax bills could reach £233,000 this year, new research suggests. Bills have …